The team is looking for a self-starter that enjoys working in a highly dynamic startup environment. The Electrical Engineer will research, develop, design, test, evaluate, and document electrical components, equipment, and systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering. This position is responsible to work independently and as a member of a team supporting the development of capital equipment.
- Design & documentation of electrical systems (e.g. of cables & cable harnesses, schematics, power budget, device selections, BoM generation, etc.)
- Conduct system level integration and validation of electrical assemblies
- Engage in continuous improvement processes and redesign existing electrical assemblies to support productization
- Perform electrical design to support new system components
- Test and troubleshoot complex systems
- Document work in CAD (AutoCad and Solidworks)
- Contribute to and integrate electrical engineering work into departmental goals and resource planning and departmental goals
- Perform work as an individual contributor, as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Participates in team and other assigned meetings
- Other duties as needed or required
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering or a related field.
- Required: 7+ years of experience in electrical engineering working on complex hardware equipment (capital equipment preferred) including pneumatics, controlling variable frequency drives, sensors, interlocks, etc…
- Demonstrated experience using CAD for electrical system documentation
- Ability to understand Mechanical Systems Designs
- Solid knowledge and understanding of PLCs, Electronic Enclosures, Industrial Control Panels, AC/DC Power Distribution, Motion Control, Machine Safety Systems
- Regulatory experience (e.g. NRTL, UL, EMC, NFPA 97, etc.)
- Startup experience preferred
- Additive Manufacturing, Semiconductor, Solar, Robotics, CNC, or Biomedical Manufacturing Equipment Design Engineering experience
- Experience/ability to manage an outside house to generate new board designs
- High level of commitment to contribute to a positive, high-paced and results-oriented work environment
- Willing and able to work “Hands-on” to build, integrate and test newly developed systems and/or subsystems
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and adapt to changing requirements
- Self-driven and independent thinking. Ability to work independently.
- Strong desire to work for an early stage startup company on disruptive technologies and make it a success.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- PCBA design and test experience.