Ameresco, Inc. (NYSE:AMRC) is a leading cleantech integrator and renewable energy asset developer, owner and operator. Our comprehensive portfolio includes energy efficiency, infrastructure upgrades, asset sustainability and renewable energy solutions delivered to clients throughout North America and Europe. Our solutions range from upgrades to facility’s energy infrastructure to the development, construction and operation of renewable energy plants combined with tailored financial solutions. We foster an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and forward-thinking culture that thrives with innovation, diversity of thought, and inclusion. We are excited with all that the future holds for our industry, planet, and communities.
Ameresco has an opportunity on our newly formed National Implementation Team for a Senior Electrical Engineer. The Senior Electrical Engineer oversees the Technical Review of projects that include utility-scale renewable and energy storage assets.
The Utility Scale Implementation team monitors the development of a project to provide a planned and coordinated sequence of activities to meet customer, installer, and vendor contractual requirements. The team is responsible for delivering a safe, cost-effective, project that meets contractual performance requirements.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will provide oversight to the project team and is expected to work closely with internal and contracted design engineering, vendor contacts, construction administration, scheduling resources, and project management as the project develops.
- Review contractual documents for performance requirements, standards, critical milestones, and deliverables. These may include vendor contracts, lease or landholder agreements, interconnection agreements, power purchase agreements, and operations and maintenance-related agreements.
- Support and review design due diligence including solicitation of pre-design services such as geotechnical analysis, hydrology, soil thermal and electrical resistivity testing, surveying, etc.
- Manage and execute project design, including its accommodation of unique performance requirements, site features, and climate, regulatory, and permitting boundaries. Deliverables may include drawings, narrative specifications, calculations and software-hosted models, and inputs for permits and utility agreements. Design to include self-performance of design tasks and/or management of supporting consultants.
- Specify and participate in the selection of major direct-procured equipment.
- Review technical construction submittals, including product submittals, shop drawings, and factory and field test reports.
- Provide periodic project-site support during design, construction, and startup to resolve design evolutions, RFIs, and technical quality assurance.
- Participate in virtual, in-office, and on-site meetings.
- Develop scope and subcontract documents for design-related consultants.
- Accountable for the ongoing elevation of Ameresco’s capabilities – including technology expertise, use of systems, and talent management.
- Develop and prepare high-quality client-facing materials and deliverables; this includes but is not limited to preliminary studies, and detailed reports.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes, and successful project implementation that meets or exceeds company objectives, and financial parameters.
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships at all levels and project phases.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BSEE from ABET accredited institution.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience specifically related to execution of solar and storage projects larger than 20 MW.
- Current Professional Engineer licensure.
- Prior design experience required, including AC systems up to 38kV & DC systems up to 2000V, controls and communications systems, grounding, system protection, and SCADA.
- Ability to review confidential US security information.
- Familiarity with utility distribution and transmission desired.
- Familiarity or experience with PSSE, PSCAD, ASPEN, PSLF preferred.
- Familiarity with commonly applicable codes and standards including ASCE 7-16, the NEC, NESC, IBC, NFPA 70E and 72, UL 1741, and IEEE 1547 series, including SA and SB variants.
- Familiarity with common interconnection processes including the FERC template SGIP and LGIP, as well as state jurisdictional distribution processes (e.g. California Rule 21, Hawaii Rule 14).
- Fluency in common renewable (solar) and storage plant components including but not limited to: inverters, combiner boxes, PV modules, wiring harnessing systems, racking and tracking systems and controls, MET stations, data acquisition systems (DAS), lithium-ion battery storage systems including the battery system, thermal management, charge management / balancing concepts and battery management system (BMS) functionality, power plant controllers (PPCs) and energy management systems (EMS).
- Familiarity with common renewable and storage use cases and control algorithms including but not limited to: ramp rate control, demand shifting, scheduled dispatch, voltage control, and reactive power control, point of interconnection (POI) limits, self-charging, black-start, grid-support functionality (e.g. low and high voltage ride-through, low and high-frequency ride-through), import / export control & limits.
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.