- Current Openings
Senior Electrical Engineer
Tracking Code 3681-872Job Description
STV, Inc. currently has an opening in our New York, NY office for a Senior Electrical Engineer in our Transportation & Infrastructure division. The candidate we seeking must have 15+ years of experience with design, engineering and installation of electrical utilities. Prior experience with Con Edison systems a must. Must be able to coordinate with Con Edison on behalf of client and obtain the necessary approvals and permits of a utility contract package to be issued for construction. Must also be familiar with design of Con Edison substations and temporary power systems. Familiarity with design and construction practices of all the utility agencies in NY City particularly with the five listed above is a must. Applicant must be able to communicate and coordinate with agencies on behalf of client and obtain necessary approvals and permits as necessary and as required to prepare contract package to be issued for construction. The candidate we seek must be able to provide construction support services during construction phase as needed. The candidate will be responsible for managing interdisciplinary projects, document preparation and production, managing sub-consultants, monitoring budgets, schedules and quality. The candidate must have experience managing and writing winning technical proposals and the ability to be a client manager for a NY-based client. In-depth background in the civil, utility and site/civil design, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a NY PE license is preferred but not required. The ability to interact well with client management teams, engineers in other technical disciplines, and marketing teams is essential.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Registered Professional Engineer in NY is preferred but not required
- 15+ years of experience in Electrical, Utility, or closely related engineering field.
- Ability to manage and provide technical expertise in the following areas:
- Electrical/Utility design
- Power Systems
- Local NYC Experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.