This position requires travel of 10-15%. Ideal candidates should be able to switch focus on projects/tasks with sensitivity to product launch and highest impact to critical path.
- Identify/develop applicable technologies to effectively address product needs
- Work with Mechanical Engineers and Industrial Designers to develop detailed product specifications and product designs
- Deliver production hardware utilizing microcontrollers and various RF technologies (BT, BLE, WiFi, RFID, etc.).
- Test, debug, monitor and document changes for firmware development.
- Proficiency with programming languages to include Assembly (such as 8051, ARM, etc), C/C++.
- Proficient with hardware and firmware design tools.
- Convert product feature concepts into workable prototypes.
- Stay up-to-date with latest technologies and methods especially in the areas of connected products and technologies (BLE, Wifi, Zigbee, etc..) in the home products, outdoor products and consumer power tool industry.
- Develop software algorithms that satisfy end user needs and Implement these algorithms into robust code as a member of a project team
- Member of a cross-functional product development team responsible for designing electronics and embedded controls for electronic hand tools
- Maintain focus on speed, quality and cost while developing embedded controls/electronic designs for electronic hand tools
- Participate in product design and safety reviews
- Support productionization plans with international internal and external suppliers
- Support creation and execution of product qualification plans with both internal and external test labs
- Bachelor’s in Electrical engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience directly supporting Product Development in an engineering role
- Experience with consumer product development a plus
- Must be fluent in programming languages such as C, and C++.
- Must be versed in both analog and digitalelectrical engineering circuits employing ADC, SPI, I2C, UART, FLASH, EEPROM, Amplifiers, Comparators, sensors, etc.
- Must have experience with electronic test equipment such as power supplies, multimeters, and oscilloscopes.
- Familiarity/experience with PCB layout Spice/Altium
- Prototyping experience a plus
- Must be able to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication and a team oriented attitude are an absolute must; we succeed together and we stumble together
- Must be willing to learn and evaluate new technologies as necessary
- Must be a highly analytical decision maker with a focus on execution
- Travel 10-15%
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do
- Position is eligible for sponsorship