Within the Hand Tools, Accessories & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker we are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our Electronic Tools Team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on multifaceted projects to bring world class electronic and electromechanical tools to market.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for new product design and development from inception to production. They will work with fellow engineers, project management and product management to identify technical solutions to market needs and potential new product projects. They will also be responsible for detailing the technical execution of said development projects through product launch.
This position requires travel of 10-15%. Ideal candidates should be able to switch focus on projects/tasks with sensitivity to product launch and highest impact to critical path.
- Identify/develop applicable technologies to effectively address product needs
- Work with Mechanical Engineers and Industrial Designers to develop detailed product specifications and product designs
- Deliver production hardware utilizing microcontrollers and various RF technologies (BT, BLE, WiFi, RFID, etc.).
- Test, debug, monitor and document changes for firmware development.
- Proficiency with programming languages to include Assembly (such as 8051, ARM, etc), C/C++.
- Proficient with hardware and firmware design tools.
- Convert product feature concepts into workable prototypes.
- Stay up-to-date with latest technologies and methods especially in the areas of connected products and technologies (BLE, Wifi, Zigbee, etc..) in the home products, outdoor products and consumer power tool industry.
- Develop software algorithms that satisfy end user needs and Implement these algorithms into robust code as a member of a project team
- Member of a cross-functional product development team responsible for designing electronics and embedded controls for electronic hand tools
- Maintain focus on speed, quality and cost while developing embedded controls/electronic designs for electronic hand tools
- Participate in product design and safety reviews
- Support productionization plans with international internal and external suppliers
- Support creation and execution of product qualification plans with both internal and external test labs
- Bachelor’s in Electrical engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience directly supporting Product Development in an engineering role
- Experience with consumer product development a plus
- Must be fluent in programming languages such as C, and C++.
- Must be versed in both analog and digitalelectrical engineering circuits employing ADC, SPI, I2C, UART, FLASH, EEPROM, Amplifiers, Comparators, sensors, etc.
- Must have experience with electronic test equipment such as power supplies, multimeters, and oscilloscopes.
- Familiarity/experience with PCB layout Spice/Altium
- Prototyping experience a plus
- Must be able to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication and a team oriented attitude are an absolute must; we succeed together and we stumble together
- Must be willing to learn and evaluate new technologies as necessary
- Must be a highly analytical decision maker with a focus on execution
- Travel 10-15%
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do
- Position is eligible for sponsorship