SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Chicago office of SmithGroupJJR, is looking for a Project Electrical Engineer or Senior Electrical Designer to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Perform design and documentation of building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting and fire alarm systems.
- Design electrical systems directly in Revit.
- Develop project specifications
- Lead electrical facility assessments and technical reports.
- Review submittals, RFIs, and conduct site observations.
- Proactively coordinate with other discipline staff.
- Participate in mentoring junior electrical staff.
- Employ sustainable design principles.
An ideal candidate has:
- 10 to 20 years of experience working as an electrical engineer in the building design and construction industry, including the design of power distribution, lighting, and lighting controls.
- Project Engineer: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, PE required. Senior Designer – associates degree or design certifications
- Work experience in higher education, science and technology and/or healthcare markets, preferred.
- Working knowledge of NEC, IES, NFPA and IEEE.
- Proficiency in using Revit.
- Familiarity with SKM, AGI32 or other electrical systems evaluation programs preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Resourceful and team-oriented problem-solving skills.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.