CHA Consulting is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer/ Section Manager to lead a section of our Electrical Group in our Indianapolis, IN office location.
This position will be responsible for the management and technical development of electrical staff and the technical quality and financial performance of projects assigned to the Indianapolis Section. Project types that are to be designed include water/wastewater plants, airport terminals, schools, manufacturing facilities, and office buildings.
This position will be responsible for providing the electrical design for projects to our project managers and clients. The section manager will be responsible for development of electrical staff in the Indianapolis office and will report to the Associate Vice President of ElectricalEngineering. The position will require the following responsibilities:
- Project development and delivery
- Electrical project fee management
- Lead electrical engineer in performing design for power and lighting systems.
- Provide design and guidance to team in the development of the following systems: power distribution systems, emergency and standby power systems, indoor and outdoor lighting and lighting control systems, data and communications systems, fire alarm, lightning protection and grounding systems.
- Assuring the technical quality and adherence to QA/QC procedures of deliverables produced by the Section including studies, reports, designs, construction drawings and bid specifications, and construction administration of electrical systems.
- Perform the role of QA/QC reviewer or technical advisor on projects within the Section
- Coordinate with Clients, Project Managers, Engineers, Designers and CADD staff on projects.
- Prepare proposals for electrical work including fee and scope documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering is required.
- 10+ years of electricalengineering/design experience is required.
- P.E. license is required.
- AutoCAD experience is required; REVITexperience is preferred.
- Knowledge of state and national building codes, energy conservation codes, NFPA 70, NFPA 72 Fire Alarm Code, is also required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, work independently and in a team environment and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in construction cost estimating for electrical systems.
- Lead, guide and manage electrical staff on large and small projects.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.