Senior Maintenance Electrical Engineer functions as subject matter expert (SME). Maintains responsibility for electrical integrity, reliability, and optimization of plant manufacturing assets.
MUST have experience in power distribution and be comfortable working with voltage up to 69Kv.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned
- Works with plant personnel to leverage technical expertise by assisting in development of an approach to component repairs when usual repair methods are not readily available.
- Maintains strong field presence to perform troubleshooting activities and recommends a course of action and works with appropriate resources to implement plan.
- Maintains responsibility for engineering and oversight of small maintenance projects related to pollution control systems and HRSGs.
- Identifies best practices, driving implementation of improvement projects to promote reliability and consistency of operations.
- Provides on-site field support for equipment troubleshooting, upgrades and capital improvements as appropriate, including off-shift support.
- Works in conjunction with the reliability engineers and maintenance team to set inspection programs and frequency.
- Evaluates the efficiency of working procedures, manpower utilization and cost control measures, making recommendations and implementing actions to improve efficiency. Track and analyze operating data.
- Monitors, reviews, prepares and analyzes reports and data to identify trends, root cause analysis (RCA), or non-compliance; recommending and implementing corrective actions accordingly.
- Monitors and directs work activities within areas of responsibility, ensuring work is performed in a safe and efficient manner and that areas of responsibility are maintained in a neat and orderly condition. Ensures compliance with company plant safety rules and lockout/tagout procedures.
- Maintains compliance with appropriate federal, state and local environmental regulations, reports and notifies appropriate plant personnel of any deviations per established standards.
- Participate in incident investigations as required, including reporting incidents to appropriate personnel, completing required documentation, recommending and implementing corrective actions, and communicating findings as appropriate.
- Works effectively with Team Members at all levels of the organization within areas of responsibility, consulting with plant and corporate resources or other parties as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from four-year college or university; 5-20 years related experience. Previous supervisory or contract management experiencepreferred.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint . Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) required, Maximo preferred. Oracle experiencepreferred.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency with pollution control systems and HRSGs. Will train the right individual. Ability to read schematics and blue prints. Solid knowledge of project management practices, understanding of project details and the ability to manage from the overall project perspective.Experience with high voltage. NFPA 70E certification is a plus.
- Experience with pollution control systems, compressed air systems and conveyor systems preferred.