The ideal candidate will be capable of:
* Demonstrate daily a strong commitment to quality – the value of process compliance and ability to promote adoption of proactive quality improvements
* Using their interpersonal skills to assure a proactive, healthy relationship within the DAC team and the development teams we support – ability to influence others towards positive outcomes and foster adoption of value added quality improvements.
* Establishing rapport across the CS and DAC organizations, including leadership, engineering teams, shared service teams, and customers.
* Proactively influencing the development teams to assure compliance throughout the design and development phases
* Communicating masterfully both verbally and in writing with development teams and leadership.
* Possess strong attention to detail and apply insightful judgment in order to properly assure compliance and assess necessary quality related improvements – focus on what is most important for positive outcomes
* Quickly learn and develop proficiency in leveraging the engineering tool infrastructure (JIRA, ALM/LASR are examples), processes and procedures to implement metrics based management in software and hardware developments.
* Work autonomously on assigned tasks while not hesitating to ask for help or support on issues you cannot control
* Cost account management related to engineering project planning activities, development performance to budget and schedule and ensure the plans account for program requirements and past lessons learned.
* Assessing proactively the health of projects using objective measurements and audits.
* Advising project teams and leadership of design quality trends and systemic issues, and of working with others to investigate, determine root cause, and recommend corrective actions to deliver high quality designs.
* Mentoring less-experienced engineers in the areas of design quality, process, and regulatory requirements.
* Have a Bachelor’s or higher degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Hands-on experience as an electrical or mechanical engineer on design & development project(s).
* Working knowledge of the Rockwell Collins design process, including the Rockwell Collins Technical Consistent Process (RC-TCP).
* Working knowledge and demonstrated application of certification requirements such as TSO, PMA, DO-254, DO-160, or CMMI Level 3 is preferred.