Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) seeks an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to aid in creating, improving and integrating electrical devices, methodologies and capabilities in support of ongoing efforts.
This Engineer performs a variety of tasks, may provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Applicants should have extensive experience in the areas of RF theory and industry practices, paired with practical application in the design, implementation, and usage of various RF systems. These systems include (but are not limited to): RF-based communications, advanced wireless networks, satellite communications, and associated hardware.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of RF system analysis, design, delivery, verification, and troubleshooting
- Works to provide technical guidance on RF system design and implementation
- Develops technical proposals and cost estimates
- Manages the technical execution of RF system designs
- Performs verification and validation of RF system implementations
- Provide technical feedback to the Program Manager
- Raleigh is the office location with frequent travel to the Aberdeen/Southern Pines, NC offices and various facilities to interact with the government team
- Active Department of Defense TS with SCI eligibility Security Clearance or TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of systems engineering concepts/principles/theories
- Demonstrated understanding of RF-based system architecture and design
- Proficiency with requirements management, system design, and system modeling tools
- Proficiency performing system research and analysis (such as reviewing vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals)
- Proficiency implementing appropriate industry standards, ‘best practices’, processes, and procedures
- Ability to perform system-level integration and testing, including development of test plans and procedures
- Ability to clearly articulate, verbally and in writing, new concepts and capabilities to the team and customers
- Demonstrated understanding of test equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal analyzers, signal generators, power meters, and noise figure meters
- System-level signal analysis, RF path analysis, and/or link budget analysis
- Satellite systems, including antenna/terminals and communications protocols
- Past implementation of SCRUM methodology or Agile project management experience
If you can accomplish the above, then you’ve got what it takes! We are looking at candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field along with 10-12 years' of relevant RFexperience or a Master's degree and 7-9 years' experience.