We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer who is prepared to tackle a wide variety of design challenges working within a multi-disciplined team. This position will include investigation and development of new technologies to be used in military airborne platforms, both fixed and rotary wing.
Primary assignments will be digitalcircuit board designs (processors, peripherals, DSP, I/O, etc) that require the application of electrical engineering principles and techniques, with opportunities for FPGA design and verification. The selected candidate will be required to design, develop, document, verify, qualify, troubleshoot, and transition electronic hardware of simple to high complexity. They will work closely with a multi-disciplined support staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product’s lifecycle. Knowledge of high density circuit board layout, design for EMI control, manufacturability, testability and thermal control are required.
Assignments will also include TPM/PE responsibilities such as bids and proposal preparation, cost account management, schedule management, and oversight of hardware design teams. Requires previous Project Engineering experience, a strong hardware subsystem design background, excellent communication skills, and should have demonstrated the ability to lead and work on projects in a matrix organization.
This person must be a self-starter, be able to handle unexpected events and recognize opportunities that can lead to exceeding expectations. This individual will need to communicate with employees at all levels in the organization.
Specific equipment includes Control Display Units, Integrated Processing Cabinets, Data Transfer Units, Ethernet-Based Networking Equipment, and Integrated Computing Systems. Additional design skills that would be of key benefit involve knowledge of MIL-STDs, DO Specifications, Ethernet, PCI/PCIe, AINC 429, VHDL, and boundary scan. Knowledge of the Government Systems engineering processes, MIL Standards, manufacturing methods, and product life cycles are also beneficial.
- Significant domain knowledge and knowledge of products and systems in assigned portfolio (e.g. avionics products). May be considered a specialist or a generalist in more than one domain and/or area of expertise. Mentors product development teams in the utilization of the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, thus increasing product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
- Serve as a hardware architect to capture, analyze, decompose, translate and create requirements for systems of moderate to high complexity. Refine functional, interface and performance specifications for hardware implementation. Identify and document architecturally significant requirements and technical risk areas.
- Serve as the hardware subject matter expert in proposal preparations, internal design and customer reviews. Assure that development products are designed to meet the applicable RCI, Business Unit, and Customer/Project requirements.
- Has significant knowledge of company, industry practices and standards and assists in identifying gaps in the organization’s technical knowledge. Aware of emerging industry trends relative to new board technologies and fabrication processes. Lead Continuous Improvement projects that result in new approaches and techniques to product development.
- Capable of leading teams in the design, test, analysis, integration, qualification and documentation of hardware of high complexity. Apply and tailor internal processes, using knowledge of methods and tools for hardware development and documentation efforts.
- Estimate, track, own and report status relating to technical, cost, schedule, design-to-cost and risk performance for assigned scope of work.
- May lead cross-functional team efforts in the integration, pre- qualification and qualification for products and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity in a project engineering role.
- Develop and/or utilize prognostic metrics to drive efficiency in hardware design & development. Review metrics and hardware defects trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements. Recommend new approaches, tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in hardware development processes.
- Individual job duties may vary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Applicant must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (US Citizenship required).
- Aplicant must have experience designing circuit boards for high speed digital products.
Requisition ID: 7493