ABOUT CROSSMATCH (a part of HID Global)
Crossmatch helps organizations solve their identity management challenges through biometrics. Our enrollment and multi-factor authentication solutions are trusted to create, validate and manage identities for a wide range of government, law enforcement, financial institution, retail and commercial applications. We offer an experienced professional services team to assist customers with individual challenges.
Participates in the development of the next generation of biometric devices. Responsible for new design and redesign of electronics for biometric products. Under general direction performs complex activities relating to the design, testing, and evaluation of complete devices or systems. Performs product development activities including development of systems requiring supervision of engineers, contractors, or vendors to implement product specifications and requirements. Ensures product features achieve cost, schedule, quality and budgetary goals. Directs support personnel in all electrical development activities.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Digital and analog circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Circuit and product testing and root cause analysis.
- Printed circuit board layout design and debug.
- Experience with RF compliance requirements and testing including FCC, CE, PTCRB, etc.
- Participate as high level technical expert in their engineering field.
- Full technical knowledge and thorough understanding of business application of the project.
- Manage or prepare design reviews and engineering studies and present results to executive staff.
- Resolve issues with current products and suppliers.
- Documentation, writing procedures, bills of materials (BOMs).
- Contribute to company standards and lead initiatives for process improvement. Assist in introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Assist manufacturing with production issues.
- May act as technical lead on design projects.
- May provide work leadership and training to other professional and technical staff.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also perform similar work-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn new processes and adaptable.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, product-driven company environment.
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality.
- Independent, proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude.
- Problem-solving oriented.
- Computer skills: MS Office, SPICE.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant industry Electrical Engineering experience within product development.
- Bachelor’s degree from a strong Electrical Engineering program required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with high volume consumer technology products.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using OrCAD/Cadence design tools.
- Circuit simulation.
- Test equipment, scopes, meters, surface mount soldering, analyzers.
- Familiar with embedded coding.
- Microprocessor embedded development tools.
- Must be an expert and able to train others in the development tools appropriate to the job discipline.
- Ability to interface in multidisciplinary team environment.
- Proficient with Computer applications.
- High motivation and energy.
- Practically minded with strong problem-solving skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Travel not common, but a possibility on occasion. Possible travel by air to South Korea, China, Philippines and within the USA.
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard.