5 - 7 years
Posted 50 days ago
Job Summary: Performs complex Electrical Engineering duties following designated standards and procedures. Works closely with engineering disciplines. Duties require application of engineering principles and techniques. May supervise subordinate engineering staff and lead design efforts. This job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops circuit, component, subsystem, and equipment interfaces and procurement specifications.
• Designs digital, analog or radio frequency circuits, components, and subsystems.
• Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
• Performs circuit interconnection or subsystem prototype assembly.
• Prepares design and operation objectives, specifications and resource needs.
• Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment.
• Supports the interfaces with customers, contractors and marketing vendors.
• Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
• Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings.
• Prepares design proposal to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches.
• Monitors project status and progress.
• Manages budget and schedule for electrical engineering tasks.
• Keeps abreast of improvements in electronic engineering techniques.
• Support prototype construction, debug and tests
• Log, compile and evaluate engineering data
• Write engineering manuals, procedures and reports
• Analyze equipment to establish operating data
• Develop logic flowcharts and block diagrams
• May support on-site installation activities
• May give work assignments and check work of technicians or design support personnel on a common project
• May provide technical direction and guidance to Design Engineers, Technicians, or Design Support personnel assigned to work on a common project
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in electronic engineering or science discipline plus a minimum of five years experience or an applicable Master’s of Science degree and three years of related experience. Desired experience in designing, developing and testing hardware. Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to use typical office automation products such as word processors and spreadsheets. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products. Mental ability to perform analytical work. Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines. Good interpersonal skills. May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.