About This Position:
1. Act as Lead Engineer on projects and is able to perform complete electrical systems design according to code requirements.
2. Research for commercially available equipment and specify equipment needs based on project and available technologies.
3. Calculate cost and time schedules for proposed work while monitoring costs throughout all phases of the design project.
4. Maintain good client relations, project design notebook and provide documentation for permanent record files.
5. Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, structural, mechanical, clerical and equipment suppliers.
6. Document design decisions, meetings, and instructions from clients while monitoring project design progress as related to fee expended.
7. Review all project documents for accuracy and completeness prior to requesting a final check.
8. Recommend changes and/or improvements that result in less production costs while maintaining and organizing addendum information.
9. Recognize potential project problems quickly and seek advice of the Project Manager and/or senior design staff.
10. Review design methods, procedures, changes in scope, and client correspondence with the Project Manager.
11. Determine project scope, personnel involved, coordinate and work with assigned personnel on project.
12. Conduct periodic job site observations and all other services as required by the contract services agreement.
13. Mentor junior engineers and/or technicians.
14. Other duties assigned by the employer.
• Analysis, design skills, presenting technical information, equipment, quality and focus.
• Proficient in Auto CAD & REVIT.
• Generate project specific spec's & details
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to take lead in multi-discipline coordination.
• Candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 8-10 years of designing electrical systems in the MEP industry
Must be able to perform all essential duties and responsibilities an Engineer performs and have shown outstanding leadership in either the Technical or Project Management Path items
Ability to provide a high level of leadership to others
Ability to perform final quality control check in their area of expertise.