About the role
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer – Technical services, to maintain, develop and implement technical standards, tools and systems. Role will be responsible to evaluate technical project options to determine efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Senior Electrical Engineer is a professional role making project contribution through applying technical/professional knowledge to solve complex problems and recommend solutions. Role occasionally contributes to process improvements. This role will be residentially based in Labrador City.
Reporting to the Superintendent Technical Services, you will be responsible for:
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions, equipment, or processes.
- Improves and upgrades existing assets and applies complex problem solving techniques.
- Contributes to successful project scoping and development by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and complex coordination requirements.
- Coordinates planning, organization, and implementation of engineering projects within constraints of specific objectives, budget, resources and target dates.
- Coordinates project activities with other operating, engineering units and stakeholders to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion.
- Coordinates implementation of design engineering solutions.
- Reviews project-related documentation for accuracy and relevancy.
- Assists in determining project objectives to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design.
- Outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises progress to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Holds a key understanding of the project lifecycle, facility lifecycle and the engineering process.
- Coordinates engineering activities for the defined area of responsibility for the full project life cycle.
- Ensuring compliance with standardized project processes, systems and tools across projects
- Experience in Industrial or Power Distribution Plant
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with specialty in Power Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in engineering and/or maintenance
- Registration as Professional Engineer (PEGNL) or eligibility for registration
The following additional skills will be considered as key asset to the role:
- Expertise in iron ore processing and/or port and/or railway infrastructures
- Experience in high voltage design
- Experience with ETAP modeling
- Experience in operational areas
- Expertise in MS Suite
- Expertise in Primavera P6
- Expertise in SAP