- Provide project leadership for electrical lifecycle team and support their product improvement efforts.
- Troubleshoot system-level design and quality defects in existing and legacy products, including product defects in PCAs and electrical systems.
- Design, develop and maintain test protocols and test fixtures and process improvements for electrical systems and sub-systems
- Conduct research that analyzes the design, operation and performance of equipment, electrical components and systems to improve product reliability.
- Participate in NPI transfer efforts to manufacturing and in design reviews with Development core teams
- Collaborate with Contract Manufacturers to assure successful product transfer in subsystem outsourcing efforts.
- Provide DFx and test recommendations to CMs for instrument subsystems and sub-assemblies, including PCAs and electro-mechanical components
- Perform verification protocols for test fixtures and product design changes prior to mfg release. Document and release protocol test reports.
- Perform solving to improve process controls and resolve sources of non-conformances
- Support Customer and Field issues pertaining to existing and legacy products
- Support MRB by evaluating and dispositioning NCMs (non-conformance material) pertaining to electronics
- Review and analyze NCM data to improve material yield and functionality
- Implement ECO changes to product and manufacturing processes
- Represent Life Cycle Management in Project Core Teams to release quality products into manufacturing and incorporate new designs into life sciences instruments.
- Ability and proven experience in electronics and electromechanical manufacturing excellence.
- Must demonstrate high energy and ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Skilled in trouble-shooting and debugging system-level and component-level design problems.
- Candidate must be organized, a self-starter, highly motivated individual capable of multi-tasking
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics/drawings and BOMs
- Competent in the use of common electronic troubleshooting tools and trouble-shooting of electronics designs.
- Experience with Altium Designer and OrCAD design software as well as PCB layout CAD tools (PowerPCB, etc).
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO)
- Demonstrated use and understanding of change management process (SAPpreferred)
- Demonstrate GDP and GMP
- Understanding of Quality process controls
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively across disciplines required.
- Experience in biotech, biomedical, nanotechnology or semiconductor industries preferred.
- Experience with FDA regulated medical device product development preferred.
BSEE/MSEE in Electrical Engineering:
5+ years with BS and 3+ years with MS.