The Senior Electrical Engineer II is responsible for supporting the Electrical Engineering Department within the company providing electrical engineering services for refineries, chemical plants, mid-stream gas processing facilities and utilities systems. Execute deliverables and electrical scope of work under the direction of the Engineering Manager. Promote the company’s goals and strategies with other employees and clients. Contribute to the development of electrical engineering processes and procedures at the direction of the Engineering Manager. Participate as a member in the development and execution of an Engineering Department high performance team focused on values of safety, quality, ethical behaviors, customer satisfaction and confidentiality. Develop and implement continuous improvement processes. May be called upon to be an Electrical Lead Engineer on projects.
- Implement Electrical Departmental Processes and Procedures assuring compliance with Industry Codes and Standards
- Execute a comprehensive Quality Assurance / Quality Control Program
- Execute the Electrical Engineering Department’s responsibilities of a multi- phased approach to project development and execution
- Integrate and communicate a team approach with all other engineering disciplines for the successful execution of a project focused on the early phases of a project.
- Review as directed by the Lead Electrical Engineer the Electrical Engineering Department’s staffing plan through recruitment of the right personnel within Project Controls budget
- Provide conceptual and detailed engineering designs supporting the Lead Electrical Engineer’s expectations of meeting project scheduledates, within budget and with adequate staffing
- Maintain strict compliance and technical support with Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes and procedures as well as EH&S
- Interaction with the Project Controls Department for both compliance with estimates and schedules as well as assisting with development of deliverable credit basis, schedule creation and implementation, and change management procedures
- Support contract deliverables developed by the client assuring the Electrical Engineering Department’s compliance and with specified design criteria are achieved
- Engineer facilities meeting requirements established by conditions associated with the site electrical power availability
- Check electrical designs and routings by identifying potential clashes with existing structures/substructures and piping systems and other discipline routings and check against during 3D model reviews
- Preparation of Electrical Engineering calculations and manage designs of single line diagrams, schematic diagrams, logic diagrams, cable schedules, interconnection schedules, hazardous area classifications, equipment layouts, cable routing and trenching, lighting systems, heat tracing, relay drawings and electrical substation layouts and design etc.
- Check Material Take Offs (MTO) quantities for estimating quantities and procurement purposes
- Assure all Electrical Engineering methodology meet applicable codes and standards compliance including company standards for development of refineries, petro/chemical and mid-stream gas processing and utilities
- Communicate and interface openly and frequently as directed by the Lead Electrical Engineer with Project Managers, Project Engineers and other Managers of discipline engineers and participate in periodic project reviews and clients discussions, as required, to ensure client satisfaction
- Develop and implement continuous improvement process / lessons learned with staff, clients and contractors
- Member of a High Performance Team Leadership Committee comprised of all Discipline Engineering Managers leading the development and implementation of communication and execution goals and objectives for the engineering organization
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring, and training of electrical engineering employees
- Effectively motivate and inspire a multi-cultural team
- Be an active member of an Electrical Engineering team supporting the proposal efforts and participate actively in Winning Projects
- Prepare a project schedule for delivery of design basis and drawing releases
- Review the design basis and calculations required due to equipment sizing and technical specifications
- Review the Basic Engineering Design Document (BEDD) document for each project
- Prepare performance evaluations for staff employees as required by company policy
- Promote value engineering and technical review through periodic reviews of existing survey data, while meeting the needs of the Structural Engineering Department.
- Develop and implement regular training sessions for staff technical development
- Provide technical expertise to vendors during face-to-face meetings including other discipline managers as required
- Coordinates engineering activities with Procurement Department assuring excellent communication and review of vendor documents and approval prior to final sign off and procurement of all Electrical equipment
- Participate as required in HAZOP meetings with other disciplines as well as the client as requested by the Lead Electrical Engineer
- Execute studies
- Review new technology proposed for use or incorporation into new projects.
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- An advanced Electrical Engineering Degree is preferable
- Must have 15 years of Electrical engineering and design experience in refining, petro/chemical and mid-stream gas processing and utilities
- Must have a professional engineering (PE) license or have the ability to obtain a PE license
- Power systems modeling skills are required (SKM or ETAP, etc.)