WSP is currently searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our buildings team in Vancouver, BC. The successful candidate should be familiar with a variety of institutional, municipal, healthcare, commercial building projects as well as industrial electrical infrastructure projects. The successful individual will be responsible for design, tender and construction services on various projects with a focus on power distribution and healthcare construction projects. This position will have more than enough scope and freedom to satisfy the most ambitious, career-minded and technically savvy person.
- Electrical design of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems for industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal sectors with a focus on healthcare projects
- Technical calculations and software use for lighting analyses, load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design
- On site electrical research, construction audits, field reviews
- Writing detailed and concise technical reports, feasibility studies, proposals, including written responses and instructions as required during all project phases
- Conducting all tasks in cooperation with internal clients and other engineering disciplines
- Managing and enhancing client relationships
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Membership or eligibility for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (APEBC)
- 10+ years’ experience designing electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, life safety and communications
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and contracts, often with demanding timelines
- Experience in Health Care (hospitals, laboratories) is very desirable
- Experience creating tender document packages with drawings and specifications
- Experience with utility companies, authorities having jurisdiction, and applicable codes, standards and work practices
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and clients
- A “can do” attitude, able to work in a team environment
- Good initiative, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office 2007
- Good organizational skills, fast learner
- Reputation for meeting or exceeding expectations
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).