At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently in need of a Senior Electrical Engineer to work as a member of our growing team in San Antonio, TX.
The primary duties of the Senior Electrical Engineer include coordination of work on large water/wastewater/industrial projects of the electrical design team through the schematic design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assumes the role as Electrical Lead on many projects.
- Establishes meetings and participates in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance as well as with clients for developing relationships, understanding their needs, standards and preferences.
- Conducts work sessions at the project site in conjunction with Project Manager and other disciplines.
- Reviews electrical documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines.
- Writes/edits electrical specifications, selects equipment, electrical systems and devices.
- Coordinates and assists, with affected disciplines, with any addendum, requests for information, change proposal requests and change orders and is responsible to incorporate agreed upon changes into the project documents.
- Conduct project quality control reviews.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- P.E. required.
- 10 years of experience working as an electrical engineer designing water-wastewater plants, pump stations, standby-generators and industrial and municipal facilities.
- Strong understanding of the water & wastewater process required.
- Proficiency with SKM Power Tools preferred.
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective working individually and within team environments.
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
- Preference given to local San Antonio, TX candidates
- At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.