$120K - $140K(Ladders Estimates)
Senior Electrical Engineer-Northeast-#2888
Our client is a global medical device company publicly traded and committed to advancing the health of families with its diversified portfolio of device and diagnostic products and services. (Over 150 brands) They have more than 10,000 employees globally with products sold in over 100 countries. This is a highly visible role because they expect significant organic and acquisition type growth from their multiple product lines over the next 5 years. The benefits offered to you and your family are better than most large companies with few exceptions.
Key Duties, Activities and Responsibilities:
• Designs, prototypes, tests and develops components, sub-assemblies, systems and full products of up to moderate complexity.
• Creates test protocols, runs experiments and writes test reports.
• Completes product documentation of moderate to high complexity.
• Analyzes moderate to high complexity engineering problems, defines problem, recommends and implements solutions.
• Support ongoing production, provide triage and troubleshooting.
• May lead projects of limited complexity.
• May lead technicians.
Work Experience, Skills and Education Required:
• Proficient with circuit design, development and debugging tools (Altium, SPICE, Xilinx/ISE Design Tools, etc.), circuit analysis, digital and analog circuitry, FMEA, engineering drawings and documentation.
• Design, fabrication and testing proficiency with common electrical, electronic and electromechanical components.
• Mechanical proficiency preferred.
• Programming and software development experience a plus.
• Experience with root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action procedures.
• Proficiency inventing, innovating and launching products.
• Proficiency with analysis and problem solving.
• Proficiency with design of experiments, protocol and model development, testing and documentation.
• Experience with lab testing and fabrication equipment (force gauges & test stands w/data acquisition, oscilloscopes and function generators, 3d printers, etc.)
• Proficiency interacting with all functions within a business.
• Proficiency in clinical and pre-clinical settings.
• Ability to utilize common office and web-based software (email, spreadsheets, word processing, presentations) effectively.
• Ability to present technical materials to non-technical personnel up to 2 levels higher effectively.
• Knowledgeable of and work within FDA, MDD, ISO, CSI and other relevant standards.
• Work is expected to contribute to the launch of new products, defining and solving field and manufacturing related problems as a supporting or lead member of a team.
• Work contributes to projects that are critical to the future success of the business.
• Interacts with R&D staff, cross-functional partners (Marketing, Manufacturing, RA, QA, labeling, legal, etc.) on a daily basis.
• Interacts with customers and vendors.
• Will interact with organizational leaders on an infrequent basis.
• Reports to R&D team leader.
• Has launched numerous products in the medical device field of low to moderate complexity.
• Contributed as team member to launch of new products.
• Contributed as team member to sustaining engineering activities.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 10+ years industry experience, Master's degree in engineering management or business with 8+ years industry experience, PhD with 3+ years industry experience.
• Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA (cGMP) manufacturing requirements.
Valid Through: 2019-10-15