DR Power Equipment, as part of the Chore Business Group of Generac Power Systems, has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join us in our beautiful location overlooking Vermont’s Green Mountains from South Burlington. You will be joining us at an exciting time as we grow and create innovative new products, driving and shaping the market!
The Engineer III – Senior Engineer is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supports product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- Travels to other Generac facilities as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple projects;
- Experience in new product design and development;
- Ability to design electrical circuits and conduct analysis;
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences;
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes;
- Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (Creo or SolidWorks), electrical schematics and wiring harnesses;
- MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Smartsheets, National Instruments LabView;
- Experience with electro-mechanical machine design;
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical safety standard requirements;
- Experience with motors, motor controllers, batteries and battery management systems;
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP