About Our Company
FuelCell Energy is transforming the world’s energy landscape by delivering clean and efficient solutions for the supply, recovery and storage of energy. We thrive on innovation as our fuel cell power plants provide answers to some of the industry’s biggest challenges, such as generating a virtually pollutant-free and affordable supply of electric power within cities, reducing carbon emissions from coal and gas-fired power stations, and producing hydrogen for transportation, industry and utility-scale energy storage. Our unique mission requires a diverse, energetic and creative workforce, and our shared passion for a cleaner energy future is the foundation of our Company’s culture. We take pride in what we have accomplished and are dedicated to providing innovative solutions that address energy, environmental and economic challenges for power users and communities world-wide.
With SureSource™ installations on three continents and millions of megawatt hours of ultra-clean power produced, FuelCell Energy is a global leader with environmentally responsible power solutions.
Join our team and contribute to a brighter, cleaner energy future.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, forward-thinking energy technology enthusiast to join the ElectricalEngineering group where you will be responsible for designing, evaluating and supporting our proprietary equipment for power generation, conversion, and storage.
- Interfaces with key electrical vendors and contractors on power plant development and installation.
- Tracks equipment lead times, manages schedules and prepares work and test plans.
- Originates, develops and reviews engineering drawings (including electrical one-line and three-line diagrams, cable and conduit schedules, and equipment wiring diagrams).
- Conceptualizes and designs control panels and power distribution panels from 24VDC to 480VAC.
- Collaborates with mechanicalengineering to integrate VFD-driven pumps, and blower systems.
- Contributes to the development of new fuel cell plant applications such as MicroGrids.
- Creates procedures, specifications, electrical manuals and maintenance plans.
- Evaluates A/D, D/A components, processes, and collaborates with controls engineers.
- Analyzes electrical systems, evaluate solution options and resolve complex system issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: B.S. in ElectricalEngineering, or a related area; MSdegree a plus.
Experience: Minimum 8years of applicable experience with power systems, clean energy, commercial electrical, or facility support in a formal engineering environment.
Candidate must be knowledgeable in:
- Power Conversion and Distribution
- 480V Equipment, Transformers
- Cable, Breaker, Component sizing
- Electrical Control Systems Design
- Power Metering, VFD Drives, UPS systems
- National Electrical Code and Safety Standards
- Ability to analyze electrical systems, evaluate solution options and resolve complex system issues
- Ability to provide technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers.
- Capable of independently managing tasks and schedules commitments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to work physically in the office environment, lab environment and in the field, wearing required personal protective equipment as designated.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs, utilizing both hands simultaneously, utilizing hand tools, test equipment.
- Walking/standing/working in an office, lab, fabrication area, or designated construction site environment.
- Other physical requirements (pushing, pulling, and bending) may be required to perform inspections, make connections, take photographs, or access installed equipment.
- Ability to remain on feet and move from area to area for a period of up to eight (8) hours with standard breaks.
- Travel: 10% domestic or international
- Have or be able to obtain a Passport