Job Title Senior Electrical Engineer - Engine Control Unit
Country United States
Posting Location Auburn Hills, MI
Job Description The Senior ECU Electrical Engineer is a key team member responsible to support the development of Engine Control Units (ECUs).
• Lead electrical circuit design and component selection
• Circuit analysis and bench verification
• Schematic entry into ECAD system
• Lead technical communications with customer
• Drives and guides architectural and design decisions.
• Generates new ideas and intellectual property.
• Responsible for solving urgent and complex problems and evaluating alternatives.
• Translates customer requirements into design solutions.
• Defines and implements best practices.
• Advice and technical opinion solicited by program, customer, and/or member of own or other departments.
• Completes project goals and monitors status within the framework of overall program goals.
• Evaluates high payoff opportunities within technical specialty.
• Release project documentation for prototype and production builds
• Support EMC and Environmental validation testing
• Support prototype builds and new product launch in manufacturing
• Analyze customer returns
• Hands on experience in lab test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, wave form generator, multimeter, etc.
• Hardware development knowledge preferably on Analog
• Knowledge on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing methodologies
• Product Development Process knowledge: Requirements traceability, Design, Simulation, Unit Tests, Validation, and Warranty Returns Analysis
• Outstanding knowledge and understanding of electrical circuit theory (RC, RL, RCL circuits, Diodes, OpAmps, BJT’s and MOSFETs)
• Must be able to multitask and perform a broad set of task from the essential function list (Task flexibility is key)
• Highly motivated Engineer
• Team player
Job Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 5+ years of automotive electrical engineering & product development experience
• At least 2+ years of experience within circuit analysis, hardware design, analog/digital circuit validation
• Must have 2+ years of experience with powertrain hardware design, worst case analysis, DFMEA, design for manufacturability, electrical simulation, thermal and power analysis
• Demonstrated experience working within electrical test lab
• Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
• 7+ years experience in automotive electrical engineering & product development, HW design, powertrain electrification, ECU microcontroller development
• Expertise with analog circuit design
• Expertise with validation support