$120K — $140K *
The Sr. Electrical Systems Engineer will team with Product Management and other engineers toward designing and creating best-in-class solutions for customers. This role will collaborate with all engineering disciplines, seek out their input, and strive for design consensus toward meeting product development goals. Early product development will be guided by the design and building of prototypes, proof-of-concept (POC), and minimal viable products (MVP) as defined by Product Management. The Sr. Electrical Systems Engineer must be able to contribute to or lead the delivery of complex production-level designs for new products and support those new products through production and customer adoption. This role will also be expected to:
· Design and develop custom electrical control systems, enclosures, and wiring for our Warehouse Automation product lines
· Develop the end-to-end design and development of high-speed modules, circuits, and subsystems.
· Derive and allocate hardware requirements, generate design concepts to satisfy operational and functional requirements.
· Design and develop electrical circuits and subsystems optimized for performance, manufacturability, reliability, cost and advance designs through release and production.
· Define and document custom enclosures, cabling, schematic diagrams and models in CAD
· Provide guidance for PCB layout and routing.
· Design and document engineering solutions, including cost, fabrication, and serviceability aspects.
· Provide guidance to resources.
· Develop detailed specifications for components and machinery.
· Present, discuss, and review engineering specifications & solutions in collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
· Specify and select key electro-mechanical components for proposed solutions.
· For awarded programs, act as subject matter expert supporting development.
· Conduct statistical analysis of test data to arrive at appropriate final design adjustments.
· Define, document, and/or validate Bill of Materials (BOM).
· Work with suppliers to develop solutions, tooling and processes while controlling costs.
· Support in-house manufacturing, production and assembly departments from proof-of-concept (POC) phase through production stabilization.
· Commit to all safety and compliance standards, regulations and requirements
· Troubleshoot and resolve design challenges and operating deficiencies.
· Provide clear, concise, accurate and timely verbal and written updates to project and department management.
· Take ownership of tasks from start to finish.
Skills & Qualifications:
· BS in Controls Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field; MS or PhD is a plus
· 10+ years of Electrical, Controls or Automation Engineering experience is required
· Experience in design of RF, Analog, and Digital electrical systems
· Experience with the design of custom electrical enclosures, cabling as well as use of RF signal analyzers is desired
· Electrical documentation experience is required
· Experience with safety/compliance requirements (OSHA, UL, NFPA, CE, IEC) and/or knowledge of domestic/international machinery standards is preferred
· Electrical design experience in the material handling, conveyance, automation, barcode scanning/imaging and/or robotics industries is a strong plus
· Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and how to design to best leverage them.
· Hands-on design guidance and design confirmation testing and data acquisition experience.
· Data analytical experience (FEA, DOE, Test Plans, Engineering statistical analysis, tolerance analysis, etc.)
· Comfortable working on cross-functional teams of Product Management, Project Management and cross-functional Engineering teams.
· Demonstrated engineering creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and ability to prioritize & multi-task.
· Strong team player and comfortable leading small groups of engineers and designers.
· Demonstrated ability to own an assignment and see it through to completion.
· Skilled in the areas of schedule and cost estimation.
· A keen design eye and experience reviewing others’ design work would be a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Valid through: 11/11/2021