WSP is current searching for a dedicated Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Buildings M&E Group, in St Catharines, ON.
An innovative thinker, the Senior Electrical Engineer will work with a creative, dynamic team of Engineers, and Designers and will have a direct impact on the successful delivery of some of Canada’s most iconic Buildings projects.
The successful candidate should be familiar with a variety of municipal, institutional, and commercial building projects. The successful individual will be responsible for design, 3D model, calculations and tender services on various projects.
- Manage, mentor and motivate team of dedicated engineers
- Assist with proposals and business development
- Electrical design of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems for buildings;
- Complete understanding of ElectricalEngineering requirement for Building and Site design;
- Ability to perform interdisciplinary coordination with Mechanical, Structural and Architectural disciplines per project requirement;
- Manage projects to meet budget and deliverables
- Perform individually or as a team member with electrical discipline;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings in 2D and 3D for all electrical system designs as mentioned above;
- Knowledge of Revit an asset
- College graduated with bachelor’s degree (4years engineering program abroad) or CET (2 or 3years Canadian College Technician) ElectricalEngineeringeducation;
- 10 to 15years’ experience designing electrical systems for buildings, transportation, and industrial projects including but not limited to: power distribution, lighting, life safety and communications;
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and meet the deadlines;
- Experience with utility companies, authorities having jurisdiction, and applicable codes, standards and work practices.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).