We are looking for Senior Electrical Engineer for our client in Batesville, IN
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Batesville, IN
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Min 7 year of exp
- Works as a collaborative team member on new product development projects in R&D to deliver innovative technical solutions.
- Applies electrical engineering principles to design complex controls system, subsystems and subassemblies.
- Applies electrical engineering principles in the selection of sensors, motors, valves, and associated controls required for the design.
- Executes or support feasibility studies on hardware design options to help determine optimum design solutions or to confirm system capabilities, quality and reliability.
- Develops cost effective h/w designs to meet industry standards (e.g. IEC, NEC) and to meet customer needs.
- Develops component and system level technical specifications to implement new product designs.
- Build, modify and/or test complex electrical design solutions for electronic circuitry, systems, motor driver, sensors and other h/w or control elements from functional system requirements.
- Prepares adequate directions to designer support personnel for generating detail models, layouts and drawings for a variety of components and electrical or electromechanical sub-assemblies.
- Provide guidance to technicians, designers and engineering peers in the development of R&D prototypes and desing verification units.
- Interacts with vendors, suppliers, and engineering consultants in the selection of components that comply with requirements and specifications.
- Create test procedures and setups, for conducting design verification (electrical, thermal, EMC, etc.) to verify h/w performance against design inputs.
- Prepare high quality engineering documentation (e.g. calculiations, system schematics, theory of operation, BOMs).
- Experience with developing embedded systems hardware, including processor selection, motor control, sensor integration and control, power and battery charger design, analog design, switching power supply selection.
- Experience designing h/w to meet IEC, UL, IPC, RoHS, CE and other applicable standards. IEC 60601-1 desired.
- Design experience with communication protocols/networks, including Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, RS485.
- Experience using electrical CAD tools electrical harness, electrical system schematic and control box designs.
- Experience with developing user interface hardware (e.g. touch-screen units, keypads, keypad schematics, etc...).
- Experience with reading and using schematics and component data sheets for design and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with rapid prototyping and debugging, functional verification and pre-production ramp-up.
- Proficient with electrical test equipment (e.g. multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, function generators, logical analyzers); Enjoy being hands-on in the lab and in the details (e.g. soldering, crimping, building cables).