We cultivate an engineering environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. If you would like to leverage your scientific curiosity to help a passionate team bring new technologies to public safety and leave a mark on the world, don't hesitate to reach out and join Axon.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who can help drive a growing engineering organization forward. If experimental creativity comes naturally to you and you are excited to deliver tangible value to customers around the world, you could be a great fit here.
You would primarily be responsible for applying your electrical engineering expertise to find solutions to the problems faced by law enforcement and public safety professionals. Ideally, you have a high level of comfort designing embedded systems, optimizing video & audio quality, analyzing trade-offs due to size restrictions, and reducing power consumption without sacrificing stability.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of electrical engineering design experience
- Designs high volume manufacturable products
- Interprets product requirements & writes engineering specifications
- Uses schematic capture tools, preferably OrCAD
- Designs for manufacturing and test
- Designs digital microprocessor systems
- Designs audio recording systems using electret / MEMS microphones
- Designs point of load switching DC/DC converters & regulators
- Designs high-speed memory bus (LPDDR3, LPDDR4 )
- Designs inter-processor/peripheral interfaces (USB2.0HS, USB3.0, SDIO, SPI, I2C, I2S)
- Selects optimal memory for design (eMMC, NAND, SD Card)
- Integrates RF systems or module (WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE)
- Experience designing battery powered systems
- Uses various lab test and measurement equipment (scopes, logic analyzers)
- Designs to regulatory standards (CE, FCC)
- Master's degree in engineering
- Designs CMOS / CCD-based imaging devices
- Designs high speed parallel and serial interfaces
- Designs embedded systems with multicore application processors.
- Designs rechargeable battery powered systems
- Simulates & analyzes circuits and signal integrity