As a Hardware Development Engineer you will responsible for the electricaldesign, development and quality of products. You will take responsibility as a technical lead, creatively meeting product objectives, at times delegating tasks to achieve your objectives and mentoring junior engineers. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You will identify and initiate investigations of production technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate production designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of electrical systems, with expertise in systems integration; the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. You will be responsible for RF and wireless system architecture. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments.
· Research into materials and component technologies to scope development opportunities
· Feature design and testing to meet program objectives
· Test failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
· Detailed part design and product documentation
· Field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
· Support positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives
· Provide cross-functional program integration support to ensure team success
· Leading project teams to timely delivery of products
· Schedule and milestone management
· Managing interaction with overseas resources
· Applying technical expertise to problem solving throughout product lifecycle
· Mentoring junior engineers in good product design practice
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
· 7+ yrs experience, product development.
· Hands-on experience with system development and product integration.
· Experience with low power communication interfaces
· Strong background in RF development
· Familiar with test equipment and methods.
· Experienced in engaging customers to gather requirements and develop specifications
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Masters degreepreferred.
· Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
· Experience working with ODMs
· Battery implementation
· Wireless communication (802.11 and 802.15.4 standards)
· PoE networking
Job ID: 619032