Senior Electrical Engineer - Advanced Engineering
In this role, we are seeking an experienced, energetic, creative and self-driven individual to be a part of Advanced Engineering Group. You will be part of small team responsible for identifying emerging technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the organization and to our customers. You will lead the technical research, design and prototype delivery of next generation technologies applicable to gaming to meet or exceed corporate goals. You will also create new technology specification documents of viable concepts and prototypes.
What you'll do
• Design, Develop and Manage new technology projects and prototypes.
• Benchmarking, external landscaping and trend analysis.
• Protect intellectual property through patented solutions.
• Seek out and support strategic partnerships (where appropriate).
• Provide Global Engineering department with market ready technologies that can be
offered to the customer.
• Even after market readiness, maintain expert status in a project and lead/support
problem resolution during product development and production phases of programs as
• Support and collaborate with Global Strategic Sourcing team as technical expert
regarding supplier partnerships/development agreements to protect and solidify
technology collaboration as appropriate, especially in New Value Spaces.
• Frequent communication and collaboration with key internal stakeholders including but
not limited to Product Marketing, Global Engineering, Game Studios, etc. will be
• Maintain knowledge of the leading-edge technology in their field of competency and
ability to create an innovative culture.
What we're looking for
• Ideal candidate will have at least B.S. degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent)
with 10+ years of prior work and/or research experience, preferably in gaming, and
keen sense for broader market application of those technologies.
• Proven experience and expertise in few of the technologies such as displays, touch,
audio, lighting, AR/VR, HID etc. is required.
• Comfortable of working in large global organization with 2nd and 3rd degree influence
and business & technology collaboration and partnering.
• Excellent in interpersonal, written, oral communication skills with proficiency in MS
• Exceptionally self-motivated, directed and manage priorities judiciously with keen
attention to details.
• Prior experience in highly regulated environment designing products to comply with
global EMC and safety standards is preferred.
• Experience w/PCBA/FPGA/Firmware and hardware/software development skillset using
electrical engineering 3D CAD tools and lab instrumentation is highly desirable.
• Experience using motors, actuators, sensors, dev boards and embedded computers is
• Knowledge of common electronic interfaces such as USB, SATA, PCIe, SPI, I2C, Ethernet
etc. is a plus.
• Knowledge or experience with operating systems such as Android, iOS/MacOS, Linux,
etc. is a plus.
• 15%-20% travel may be required.
• Maybe required to bend, reach, and lift up to 25lbs.
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: Respect, Courage, Integrity and Passion
Our Winning Ways
Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
Play - Be creative, celebrate success