By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
This position is a part of a dynamic, curious, and innovative team that continuously pushes out new products, instruments, and consumable devices to generate growth and value for the company. It encompasses all aspects of electrical needs in our products as well as the methods and equipment to manufacture them. We have an environment where team members are supportive of each other on projects and passionate about trying new and different approaches to solve problems. We have flexible work schedule, on-site gym, and a culture of healthy lifestyle.
- Perform electrical engineering research, design, development, modification, and evaluation in support of electrical, electro-mechanical, and optical system/subsystems, embedded systems, I/O, cables/wiring, signal integrity, and power distribution
- Hands-on test and debug of circuitry
- Prepare, execute, and analyze test plans, procedures, data, and materials to ensure design specifications are met
- Work with third party companies and product representatives as required to assist in prototype manufacturing and product compliance
- Must be able to work with multi-disciplinary engineering to solve design problems
Education and Experience:
- >15 years related work experience in electrical engineering, instrument control, PCB designs. Knowledge of motors, pumps, sensors, embedded system design, firmware, high voltage (<10kV) design, low noise analog, and PCB layout tools. Familiar with component management software and ability to write test scripts. Experience with design for highvolume products desired. Knowledge of CE certification, RoHS, and EMI suppression a plus.