Give hope. Give health. Make your mark in the fight against cancer.
At Accuray, we make a direct and powerful impact on the lives of cancer patients every day — helping them live longer, better lives. But our commitment to innovation offers a truly unique opportunity: the chance to change the fight against cancer — helping to develop, introduce and support new treatment delivery systems and software that will give new hope and new health to cancer patients and cancer survivors around the world.
OUR VISION AND MISSION is to work passionately to create a future without the fear, pain or human suffering of cancer. We pursue this by developing precise, innovative tumor treatment solutions that empower clinicians and help cancer patients live longer, better lives.
Accuray develops, manufactures and sells radiotherapy systems that make cancer treatments shorter, safer, personalized and more effective, ultimately enabling patients to live longer, better lives. Our radiation treatment delivery systems in combination with fully-integrated software solutions set the industry standard for precision and cover the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery procedures.
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Accuray™ Inc. is an exciting medical device company whose primary objective is the development of the TomoTherapy System. We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to become a member of our dynamic team.
- Researches, leads and plans the electrical and electronic design in accordance with product requirements as established from various sources including marketing, customer, and specification documents. Develops detailed requirements for electronic systems.
- Designs and develops product subassemblies and assemblies including detailed electrical, electromechanical and firmware design and documentation. Hands-on electrical design, schematic capture, subassembly prototyping, debugging, and system integration are key components of the development activities.
- Develops documentation for design requirements, unit testing, design specification, assembly specification and parts list management for PCAs.
- Selects, in conjunction with Purchasing and Regulatory Affairs and Quality, potential suitable component suppliers for the company’s product.
- Implements, tests, and documents electrical and electronic requirements for production. This includes supporting transfer of relevant design output documents and recommended process instructions.
- Provides work breakdowns and estimates of effort for personal project work, in conjunction with the Hardware Engineering Manager and Project Managers.
- Supports the Hardware Engineering Manager and Project Managers in establishing and updating project timetables.
- Evaluates engineering technologies and tools.
- May serve as the lead electrical engineer on projects, working with minimal supervision and coordinating the work of other engineers, technicians or contributors.
- Supports transfer of product design to production, which includes preparing, investigating, and executing change requests and change authorizations.
- Conducts appropriate verification activities on all designs and design changes.
- Supports product development after design transfer through various enhancement and maintenance efforts.
- Works effectively with other engineers, scientists, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Provides work direction to engineering technicians or assistants that assemble and test engineering prototypes.
- Completes projects in a timely manner with proper documentation, developing hardware and software as specified with minimal errors, following development process procedures and reporting promptly the progress, plans, and problems in a concise manner.
- Contributes to the development or improvement of processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics or engineering and at least 8 years of design and development experience in the medical device, electronics, or other relevant manufacturing industry. An advanced technical degree is a plus. Suitable work experience in a technically related field may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Hands-on experience with electronic test equipment, as well as some familiarity with shop machinery that may be utilized to fabricate prototype components.
- Good verbal and written communications skills preferred.
- Good computer skills, including the use of standard office software programs including spreadsheet, word-processing, and email applications.
- Familiarity with the use of engineering tools such as version control and defect tracking systems.
- Experience in project management or as a team member in managed projects is desirable.
- Leadership experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with the use of engineering tools such as version control and defect tracking systems is desirable.
- Schematic capture experience.
- Experience in the full life cycle for medical electronics projects is highly desirable, including product development, regulatory compliance and installed base support.
At Accuray Our commitment to patient-first outcomes drives an inclusive and collaborative work environment where the best ideas rise to the top — and everyone works to push them further. We value diversity in both the professional and personal backgrounds of our employees, as this variety adds rich energy to every team, every project and every work day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment