EXP, an award-winning international engineering firm, is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer 3 for an exciting position at our Richmond, VA office. This position provides the opportunity to expand your knowledge and expertise using leading edge design tools on new construction and renovation projects at Data Centers and Telecommunications Facilities.
- Act as single point of contact with client project managers for project scope definition, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Manage a multi project workload as well as oversee the design work of other engineers. The successful candidate will be accountable for project coordination and quality, as well as budget adherence, and overall team communication.
- Have a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and advanced concepts to execute all required aspects of electrical engineering.
- Perform front-end loading of Electrical systems for projects.
- Lead the design team to develop the Basis of Design (BOD), Schematic Design (SD), Design Development (DD) and Construction Documents (CD) that meet the project requirements within the allocated schedule and budget and use best practices.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Lead, mentor, develop and encourage existing EE staff on all their responsibilities.
- Verify designer’s work quality regarding specifications, reports, code application, submittal review, equipment selection, deliverables, and drawings.
- Meet the client’s objectives while maximizing staff efforts and efficiency.
- Encourage collaboration between staff and other disciplines to seek the best solutions for the client.
- Manage work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours.
- Write complex and detailed studies and reports for Electrical systems on projects.
- Contribute to revisions of company design standards and master specifications for specific Market Sector (s).
- Expert in specific Electrical requirements for applications within a market sector(s).
- Evaluate Value Engineering (cost cutting) items with respect to our level of risk.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering.
- A BS in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering is mandatory
- PE Registration is mandatory.
- Preferred experience includes: data center and/or telecom industry (mission critical)
- Design Project Management experience is mandatory.
- Cost estimating experience is desirable
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Experience in Revit is a plus