Job ID: 20806
In this role, you will provide technical leadership for the comprehensive test and analysis services in the GSFC Parts Analysis Laboratory. As the Senior Electrical/Electronic Test Engineer, you will provide comprehensive reliability testing and analysis for space flight Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical parts; develop, implement, and conduct tests and analyses designed to evaluate the reliability of these parts, and suitability for use in space flight applications; collaborate with Project personnel, Project Parts Engineers, and various customer organizations.
- Develop and implement screening, lot acceptance, and qualification test plans for new part/component products and technologies.
- Implement meaningful, precise measurement techniques to accurately characterize the performance of the devices under test.
- Develop and implement specialized tests / measurement / equipment / fixturing to conduct powered testing with in-situ monitoring, while applying stresses of voltage, current, temperature, humidity or temperature cycling.
- Develop data queries, computations, compilations, tabulations, and graphical analyses, to represent the salient features of the devices under test, as a key function of the Parts Assurance Laboratory report products.
- Development and implementation of bias board test circuits; Simple multilayer Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and layout.
- Environmental and electrical test equipment setup, pilot runs, and test monitoring.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field, from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated performance in a reliability laboratory testing environment.
- Broad knowledge of NASA and U.S. military testing requirements, standards, and specifications.
- Well organized, with the ability to multi-task effectively, keeping multiple jobs on schedule and properly documented.
- Excellent English technical communication (verbal and written) skills.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.