WSP is currently searching for a dedicated Senior Electrical Designer to join our Buildings M&E Group. An innovative thinker, the Senior Electrical Designer will work with a creative, dynamic team of Engineers, Designers and Project Managers and will have a direct impact on the successful delivery of some of Canada’s most iconic Buildings projects.
The successful candidate should be familiar with a variety of municipal, institutional, and commercial building projects as well as industrial electrical infrastructure projects. in this role you will be responsible for the design, 3D model, calculate and tender services on this Centre Block project..
- Preparing 3D models with Revit program for all electrical systems as mentioned above;
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings in 2D and 3D for all electrical system designs as mentioned above;
- Electrical design of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems for transportation projects, majorly for GO Metrolinx and TTC;
- Complete understanding of Electrical Engineering requirement for Building and Site design;
- Ability to perform interdisciplinary coordination with Mechanical, Structural and Architectural disciplines per project requirement;
- Perform individually or as a team member with electrical discipline;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College graduated with bachelor’s degree (4 years engineering program abroad) or CET (2 or 3 years Canadian College Technician) Electrical Engineering education;
- 7 to 10 years’ experience designing electrical systems for buildings, including but not limited to: power distribution, lighting, life safety and communications;
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and meet the deadlines;
- Experience with utility companies, authorities having jurisdiction, and applicable codes, standards and work practices;
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is a must;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and other disciplines;
- Detail oriented, Organized, Hard worker, and Team Player attitude;
- Perform under pressure to meet the deadlines;
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with software used for engineering studies - arc flash, load, fault and coordination studies, lighting, grounding, etc. is an asset.