We are hiring a Senior Electrical Designer who has experience creating drawing packages and will assist in the electrical design process for our commercial and industrial clients.
- Create accurate design/installation AutoCAD drawings in a timely manner and according tocompany standards.
- Interior and exterior lighting design.
- Building distribution & branch systems.
- Emergency & standby power systems (generator, ups).
- Ensure that the quality of work on projects meets or exceeds company and customer expectations.
- Create designs in accordance with the National Electric Code and Title 24 regulations.
- Commercial Electrical Design background.
- Must have an EIT Certification (Engineer in training).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD version 2010 or newer.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Overall computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office.
- Perform necessary calculations (load, voltage drop, short circuit).
- Size transformers, switchboards and panels.
- Size pipe and wire and determine wire fill.
- Prepare Title 24 documentation.
- Create single-line drawings, panel schedules, fixtures schedules, load summaries, and control diagrams.
- Receive and coordinate electronic drawings files; organize and process accordingly.
- Track and organize drawings throughout a project.
- Properly archive drawings (computer and hard copies) for future reference.
- Contact and communicate effectively with architects, engineers, city planning officials, and general contractors to obtain drawings or information.
- Assist Project Managers with inter-trade coordination.
- Plot drawings and produce copies as needed.
- Order supplies and track costs.
- Stay current with CAD technology; suggest, procure, and install upgrades.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Construction Manager.