Job Title: Senior Electrical Designer
Location: Anaheim, CA
· All candidates must have recent AutoCAD experience, this is a Designer role- not engineering.
· Candidates who have design experience in boxes, racks, panels and consoles. Must have equipment design experience.
· Candidates who've designed automated conveyor and assembly line equipment experience are best. Experience in electrical systems for aircrafts, robotics and automobiles will also work.
· Prepare electrical/mechanical design drawing, specifications & related documentation.
· Work includes new design, modified design & as-built for schematics, wire lists, assemblies, enclosure modification details, interconnect drawings & equipment location plans.
· Must be able to do mechanical detail drawings for racks, consoles, and boxes, and be able to specify materials, weld symbols, tolerances as required for fabrication.
· Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), NFPA 79, UL508A & Industry Standards
· Proficient in use of common computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook *Excellent oral & written communications skills
· Team player, able to work with, & under the supervision of, engineers in a technical environment
· Documented experience as a self-starter requiring minimal supervision
· Ability to handle multiple tasks & priorities while still meeting budget & schedule goals
· Flexible with work schedule, including the ability to work 3rd shift as applicable to meet task goals
· Proficient in configuration & document management
· Proven knowledge of ASME Y14
· Ability to troubleshoot & assess problems in the field to develop solutions
· Experience in Safety critical systems & Fail Safe design concepts
· Proficient in AutoCAD software
· High School graduate & two (2) years college - Electronic Engineering/Technology studies
· 8-10years design experience in electrical/electronic design of Ride/Show/Industrial Control Systems designs & installation including Programmable Logic Controllers, relay logic, electric motors (AC & DC) & motor controllers (Variable Frequency Drivers & DC Drivers)
· Documented proficiency in use of engineering software - Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2007+