What Skills You Need
- High technical skill in either mechanical or electricalengineering.
- Ability to rapidly learnengineering skills from other disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively work with suppliers in the application and design of electric drive system components.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively work with teams having diverse skills and from different cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams meeting project performance, schedule, and budget goals.
- Expert user of simulation/modeling tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
- Skilled user of lab equipment such as dynamometers, oscilloscopes, current sensors and other tools for design and debug of electric drives.
- Excellent listening skills. Chooses appropriate communication vehicle for a given situation and uses it appropriately. Written communication requirements include generating product/system requirements documents of significant magnitude, creating technical reports suitable for long-term archiving, and creating presentations. Verbal communication requirements include making presentations and participating in meetings.
- Ability to pursue technical solutions in the conceptual realm, modeling realm, and prototype/production hardware realm.
- Ability to work with remote supervision.
- 7+ years experience in Product engineering
- 4+ years experience with Product design
- 2+ years experience leading technical projects
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Technical experience relating to the design and development electric drive systems.
- Work experience in component development of electric machines, power electronics, connectors and conductors.
- Knowledge of EPDP sub-process areas broader than product design. Examples include safety and compliance, manufacturing, customer support, supply management, and marketing.
- Experience mentoring engineers, interns, EDPs .
- Knowledge of vehicle systems interfacing with electric drives. Examples include diesel engines, gearboxes, vehicle controllers, hydraulic lubrication, and water-glycol cooling.
- Advanced technical degree in electric drive field.
- Experience with vehicle platform engineering (examples include tractors, combines, crop care).
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanicalengineering and/or related discipline(s). Master’s degree in electrical or mechanical strongly desired.