- Manage/mentors direct report(s) to build knowledge in regulatory compliance and risk reduction. This position is critical to build bench strength for EHS within Supply Chain.
- Provide input to corporate wide EHS initiatives or projects.
- Review capital projects and provide EHS input.
- Develop and implement site specific Safety Programs: Tracking Safety Brakes, fire extinguisher, safety shower and eyewash inspections, ordering and stocking PPE, conducting regular safety walkthroughs using a pre-prepared checklist, etc.
- Identifying Safety Hazards and implementing corrective actions.
- Conducting OSHA/EHS Safety Standards inspections. Facilitate Safety Committee meetings.
- Prepare, schedule, and present OSHA and EHS Program training including room setup, attendance sheets, etc.
- Participate and present at Annual EHS Standards Self-Audits, Corporate EHS / Operations and Monthly Process Safety Management (PSM) Meetings and complete corrective action follow up.
- Conducting routine compliance inspections and complete reporting requirements for required environmental compliance programs.
Qualifications – External (Required):
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Safety or related field required with 7+ years of proven safety management in a manufacturing/production setting.
Desired Certifications Preferred: · Professional Engineer (PE) Associate Safety Professional (ASP) Industrial Hygienist in Training (IHIT) Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM) Registered Environmental Manager (REM).
Competencies – Skills (Preferred):
- Project management skills are a plus.
- Observe safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- General knowledge of GMP, HACCP, AIB and SQF requirements. Physical Requirements for production positions regularly include:
- Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays.
The company offers a generous six-figure salary plus bonus and benefits package in addition to an outstanding relocation package.