We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Senior EHS Manager located in Port Neches, TX. A member of the Port Neches Operations managerial staff responsible for administration, planning, coordination, and implementation of all plant activities relating to environmental, health and safety. Participates in formulating plant administrative practices and procedures as related to environmental, health and safety and helps coordinate such plant activities with other site departments or functions.
What will be expected from you?
- Directs the activities of the plant environment, health, and safety groups to coordinate those efforts toward a common goal of providing a safe and healthy work environment for PNO plant associates, as well as the neighboring communities.
- Directs the implementation of Federal, State, and local governmental policies and regulations in matters of environmental, health, and safety and assures compliance in all matters under his/her direction.
- Provides advice and counsel to plant management and acts as advisor to the Plant Manager in all matters pertaining to environmental, health, and safety, including but not limited to legal matters.
- Develop Environmental annual operating plans.
- Leader of efforts to reduce annual environmental excursions.
- Develop Environmental Risk Assessment Program.
- Develop and administer Environmental Risk Management plans.
- Deploy Environmental corporate initiatives.
- Responsible for the preparation and timely submission of the environmental, health, and safety expense, staffing, and investment budgets. Ensures that expenditures are appropriate and properly documented and within budget or appropriated amounts.
- Oversees implementation of Pollution Prevention Programs, identification of wastes and EH&S records retention.
- Prepares for and represents the PNO facility during internal and external safety and environmental audits.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- Bachelor Degree Environmental - Engineering or Science, Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related Science or Technical field
- 15+ years of specific EHS management experience in a chemical manufacturing setting required
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must have strong understanding of Federal and State EHS regulations