Role Purpose:The Senior Application Specialist has advanced knowledge of specific areas of the electronic health record (EHR). This role often operates independently with responsibility for building and testing the EHR through multiple phases of project implementations and creating build documentation. Lead peers in completing small-to-medium projects. Must have advanced knowledge and understanding of workflows and interdependencies with EHR. Mentor and train less experienced team members. Successful Applicant will have working experience with Epic security build. A thorough understanding of Epic access build utilizing master files EMP, ECL, E2U, E2R, E2N and others as designated. Possess knowledge of current HIPAA Privacy guidelines for managing patient health information and professional licensing requirements. Responsibilities:
- Understands the EHR at an expert level in order to independently and competently build the system and support end users. Works with end users and clinical network groups to encourage maximum usage of applications. Positive change management and communication with end users to ensure their acceptance of the application.
- Develop strong peer relationships and use leadership skills to manage small-to-medium project teams in the successful implementation of new functionality.
- Independently mentor Application Specialists as they develop their EHR skills. Additionally, regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced personnel
- Identifies and tracks/documents reported problems. Analyze issues that may arise, develop options, implement solutions and escalate to leadership as needed. Identifies areas of common practice and implements opportunities for standardization.
- Collaborate with peers and operational partners to identify ways in which applications can support workflows and configure/build accordingly. Follow documentation standards for build.
- Coordinates application enhancements by identifying needs, analyzing benefits, identifying process changes and impact of enhancements within the parameters of governance standards.
- Participates in developing and maintaining test scripts and plans. Independently performs unit and integrated testing.
- Ensure that data interfacing into applications meets business needs; both for ongoing interfaces and one-time data conversions.
- Analyze end user jobs in order to make recommendations regarding application security.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (Information Technology, Health Care, Finance, or General Business) required
- EHR certification required
- 3 to 5 years of experience required
Job Number: 17011571