Senior eGate SRE Application Integration Developer
Works with assigned customers/areas to translate business requirements into application/system solutions.
Ascension Information Services (AIS) is seeking to hire a Senior Application Integration Developer. This individual will join a large project which will transform application integration services at Ascension.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting real-time and batch software interfaces. This individual must also have strong communication, customer service, and analytical skills and be able to balance multiple projects and priorities.
The Senior Application Integration Developer adheres to the established lifecycle methodology and practices in accordance to project plans while carrying out his or her responsibilities. This includes maintaining application interfaces and technical documentation of individual interfaces.
Works with customers and application areas to translate business requirements into application/system solutions.
- Designs and develops enterprise application integration components. Develops design documents and adheres to coding standards and naming conventions. Demonstrates a solid understanding of the fundamentals of requirement specification, design, coding, and testing of information systems.
- Works directly with users in defining new application requirements and resolving project issues. Responds to user problems to explain new technologies and present deliverables. Builds productive networks with internal and external customers and vendor community.
- Participates in project design, contributing technical insights and ideas. Helps formulate project scope and objectives.
- Works directly with Developers, Architects, Project Managers, Analysts, and other members of the wider team to develop the integration components
- Conducts diagnosis of most business problems. Selects an approach to resolve project issues including analysis of technical and economic feasibility of proposed system solutions.
- Analyzes chain ofevents and establishes procedures and/or detailed specifications. Troubleshoots most application problems independently.
- Identifies interface changes needed as the result of vendor upgrades.
- Performs unit testing and participates in integration testing
- Writes fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner and according to standards. Shares knowledge effectively within the work team.
- Participates in Ascension’s SOA training program.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Bachelor's LevelDegree
- Bachelor's degreepreferred or equivalent experience
- Four years of experiencepreferred.
- Four or more years of experiencepreferred.
- Experience in application support experience in J2EE/ SOA based applications preferred
- Experience with Enterprise Application Integration (middleware) technologiespreferred
- Hands-onexperience with and working knowledge with one or moretechnology areas or platformspreferred:
- WebLogic suite
- Commercially available SOA Suites such as IBM, Oracle, etc. (Oracle preferred)
- Distributed application environments
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, XSD, HL7 messaging formats
- Healthcare knowledge
- Experience with problem and incident management tools
- Experience supporting 24 X 7 critical business systems in a production environment.