Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior EEE Parts Engineer
Lead and/or work with Designers and Reliability engineers to support development teams in the selection, evaluation, analysis and documentation of Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts across multiple antenna R&D and customer programs.
What You´ll Do:
- Collaborate with engineering on development programs for commercial parts selection that require formulating and customer approval of path to flight upgrading
- Manage DMSMS and program impact analysis across multiple mission areas
- Interface with program team to insure assigned task align with schedule and delivery
- Address customer logistics, spares provisioning and maintainability requirements
- Assess TRML & EMRL on programs.
- Lead and Perform Parts Engineering functions on a production aerospace program using proven industry techniques and principles:
- Evaluate EEE parts against aerospace program screening, and qualification requirements such as NASA EEE-INST-002 and customer specific parts testing plans
- Engage Radiation engineering on parts selection and testing to meet requirements
- Process Non-Standard Part Approval Requests.
- Work with a Customer Parts Control Board to approve EEE parts;
- Generate part control drawings as indicated by the program requirements
- Review new GIDEP Advisories and Alerts for program impact.
- Perform data reviews of screening, qualification and DPA test results
- Address anomalies with HQE’s to resolve and obtain customer approval
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering (preferably Electrical Engineering or RF) or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Collaborative working skills with programs, cross disciplinary teams and with management.
- Proficiency with testing of PEMS and RF devices.
- Should have or may be requested to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required