OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
About the Role:
The Senior Education Manager for National Distributors is a key role for the strategic planning, execution, and management of Education in the sales channel with OLAPLEX’s largest PRO customers.
This position serves as a critical link between OLAPLEX and the Distributors for the strategic planning of education programming and resources, in support of sales goals. The role is essential to the sales cycle by delivering the best in class training to salons and stylists and to ensure ongoing education support. The key to success in this distribution strategy will be to have a thorough knowledge of the OLAPLEX brand and programs with the ability to train and develop education resources (Education Managers, Technical Trainers, Sales Consultants) in order to deliver best in class education to salons.
- Direct Supervision and development of Field Education Managers
- Partner with Director of Sales for planning and implementation of strategy for channel
- Ensure the strategic and effective presentation of OLAPLEX products, programs and materials in order for Distributors to perform the proper technical training and make investment decisions to maximize business
- Strategic planning and execution of technical training meetings for Distributor Educators, both Full-time (FTE) and Part-time
- Partner with Distributors in their selection and usage of Educators
- Identify, recruit and develop local Advocate Stylists and freelance educators
- Develop and maintain a local OLAPLEX Advocate Community
- Collect and analyze activity reports on a monthly basis for reporting
- Effectively utilize all Distributor support budgets conjunction with Sales partners
- Assist and support Sales partners with Distributor Sales meetings, and lead when the circumstances arise
- Work with Distributor Sales Consultants and educators in their territory
- Track and analyze budgets for education activity for Division
- Communication with Field Education & Sales teams on educational initiatives, strategies and direction
- Analysis of field education programs and its effect on sales per distributor and nationally
- Communicate needs to Global Education on the need for appropriate formats for in-salon education, seminars and special events
- Develop relationships with OLAPLEX’s distribution network, including Distributor Principals, Education and Sales and KOL Salons
- Actively participate in distributor strategy meetings to identify education opportunities with all clients
- Coordinate planning, management and execution of all distributor-sponsored events, conferences, trade shows with Show & Event team
- Manage additional projects, deliverables and timelines as needed
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the haircare industry in a field management position
- Professional licensed stylist
- Expert knowledge of developing trainings for distributor partners
- Experience leading stylists and managing remotely
- Inspirational leadership style with excellent training skills
- Competence in managing budgets and financial targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confidence when addressing both key stakeholders and new audiences alike
- Strategic thinker with examples of solving problems and taking initiative
- Outstanding team player who is able to work collaboratively with all internal & external partners
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to embrace and facilitate change
We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes. We are looking for someone who will bring all their expertise, learn, and grow with us.
The annual base pay for this position is $101,500 - $141,750. The actual base pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, years of relevant experience, skill level, functional expertise, certificates or other professional licenses held and geographic location.
Our Total Rewards:
- Competitive compensation
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Wellness: Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Parental Leave: Up to 18 weeks for all new birthing-parents and up to 10 weeks for all non-birthing new parents
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans: 100% match up to the first 4% and is immediately vested
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: Our team has an “attitude of gratitude” and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustaining our “secret sauce"
- Recognition: We celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly ‘Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a ‘Bond Builder’ and/or ‘Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Twenty (20) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At OLAPLEX, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to 'do well and do good'. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.
OLAPLEX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.