Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Senior Econometrician for our San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Develop and analyze data to predict business results or member behavior. Expert knowledge instatistics, mathematics, and tools used in predictive modeling. Partner cross-functionally with business to deliver breakthrough analytical solutions tosupporta winning strategy in a continually changing business environment.
- Lead the development, enhancement and implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to supportforecasting, member behavior based scoring and other business applications.
- Understand technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and apply these skills toward solving business problems.
- Identify opportunities to applyquantitative methods to improve business performance.
- Full ownership of the model development process and relationship with the business customer: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, business user training and support.
- Strong understanding of the model lifecycle management process with ability to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in business applications.
- Develop model monitoring plan, monitor statistical model performance, and provide technical guidance to business leadership.
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR A Master's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field OR A PhD in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field.
- 6 or more years related work experience in statistical analysis and model development OR: If a Master's Degree, 4 or more years related experience in statistical model development OR: If a Ph.D., 3 or more years related experience in statistical model development
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and industry data sources
- Expert knowledge in developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software
- Expert knowledge in several statistical techniques. Examples include but are not limited to Generalized linear modeling, Time Series, CART, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Factor analysis experimental design, Hypothesis testing, and/or advance techniques.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
- Advanced knowledge of Statistics and Econometric concepts to include knowledge of modeling and forecasting techniques such as GLM, ARIMA, GARCH, etc.
- Experience with SAS, R, or other major statistical packages.
- Ability to learn other statistical applications or software as needed.
- Experience working in the financial services industry, extensive knowledge of forecasting techniques, and knowledge or experience with DFAST regulatory requirements and modeling approaches.
- Knowledge or licenses in the risk management field.
Job Number: R0019990