What you’ll do:
Provide guidance for our branded manufacturing clients on how to:
- Direct strategy (and potentially execution) for key marketplace channels like Amazon working within any brand, budget or staffing limitations.
- Work with internal and external operation and content resources to ensure that products stay in-stock and findable by marketplace consumers.
- Manage and optimize budgets and promotions to ensure maximum impact and ROI for client budget dollars.
- Understand the needs, capacities, operational mechanisms, and pertinent performance data metrics of major eCommerce channels.
- Build effective e-Commerce teams and advise clients via organizational management consulting.
- Implement solutions to manage product data and content to service multiple eCommerce channels.
- Choose the best technology solutions to execute efficient, best-in-class eCommerce programs, including but not limited to analytics, CRM, A/B testing, competitive intelligence tools, and product data management.
What you’ll need:
- 5-7 years of experience working with eCommerce retail channels, with a focus on Amazon and other marketplaces. Roles could include experience as a Vendor Manager, Inventory Manager, or Product Manager within a major eCommerce retailchannel or as a Manager or greater-level position with responsibility for eCommerce within branded manufacturer.
- Must have an understanding of the following for major eCommerce marketplacechannels:
- Operational and personnel structures of major eCommerce marketplaces.
- Vendor contract terms and tenets of effective complex revenue-generating deals.
- Promotions and merchandising programs, including how to determine optimal promotions spend for short-term ROI and LTV, and how to execute promotions.
- Optimal assortment strategies and new item setup processes and requirements
- Forecasting models and supply chain processes.
- Track record of growing both top line revenue and profitability for brands on eCommerce retailchannels.
- Fluency in new technologies and current trends in eCommerce.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including experience creating presentation for C-level audiences.
- Familiarity with and understanding of how to apply Amazon’s core leadership principles.