$100K — $150K *
Sweetwater, the nation's #1 retailer of pro audio gear and musical equipment, is seeking a Senior eCommerce Software Engineer to join our growing e-commerce team. In this role, you will be working directly on Sweetwater.com and our other web projects, with a focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences.
What you'll do:
* Work with our front-end developers to build the next version of our World Class website
* Build scalable, testable, and reusable code
* Solve complex performance and architectural challenges
* Integrate application data storage solutions using databases like MySQL and Postgres
* Improve site and application performance through advanced caching techniques utilizing tools like Redis and Fastly
What you'll need to succeed:
* Mastery in developing solutions using PHP and MySQL.
* Proficiency in developing with popular web technologies such as HTML5, Sass, and CSS
* Working knowledge of Laravel or similar PHP web frameworks
* Knowledge of common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions, including the OWASP Top 10 web application security concerns.
* Experience working with Git
* Competence in developing object-oriented solutions using PHP
* Understanding of MVC and other design patterns
* Exposure and working knowledge of Docker and containers
* Experience using Cron and writing scripts using Bash
* Knowledge configuring and administering in Nginx or Apache
What we value:
* Quick to share credit, praise others freely, demonstrate strong alignment towards the team’s goals, and prioritize collective wins over individual ones
* Motivated and diligent with a strong desire to help the team succeed
* Empathy for the team’s needs, the ability to communicate with emotional intelligence, and prioritize the sharing of knowledge
What we're expecting:
* The mentality of a team player
* Excellent collaboration skills
* A passion for learning new technologies and tools
* A drive to grow personally and professionally
* 5+ years of experience
How we work:
We are looking for candidates who are hungry for the next challenge, exhibit strong interpersonal communication skills and take personal ownership of their projects. Here, you'll have a voice while being an active participant in the way we solve complex business challenges.
We value agile development, which means that our teams are self-organizing and cross-functional. To be successful in our environment requires teamwork and adaptability. We care deeply about the work we do, and we are committed to serving our customers. If you have these same qualities, we'd like to speak with you!
Valid through: 3/4/2021