Dycom is a leading provider of specialty contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry. These services, which are provided throughout the United States and in Canada, include engineering, construction, maintenance and installation services to telecommunications providers, underground facility locating services to various utilities, including telecommunications providers, and otherconstruction and maintenance services to electric and gas utilities and others. Dycom’s IT environment is constantly changing, growing to meet the needs of our subsidiary companies and their customers. If you are looking for a career to work with a great group of people and have a real impact on the business, then Dycom’s IT Department is the place for you.
Meet our team:
Our team of Software Engineers come from a variety of backgrounds and skill levels but, it is our sense of urgency to do what it takes to get the job done that brings us together. We are constantly looking for new ways to use the best technologies to solve our customer's problems. We learn from each other and take pride in what we do to accomplish our goals as a team. Our customers see our technology as their competitive advantage. We have learned to adapt to their changing needs, while creating sustainable solutions to fit a variety of problems.
As a Senior ECM Developer, you will be responsible for design/development and implementation activities related to a number of components within the content management services domain. In this position, you will use business and technical knowledge to support strategic and legacy solutions in multiple SharePoint and other brand new ECM systems in Alfresco. Some of the key areas of responsibility include API integration, records management scripts, custom development using common development foundation etc. Apply strong analysis skills while working closely with business partners to document requirements and use cases, test cases and strategies and implement solutions that maximize business value.
- Develops effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Participates in unit test case development. Develops complex test scripts.
- Conducts impact analysis. Develops component design
- Provides system/application architecture. Contributes technical alternatives
- Develops production support documentation.
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Works within project team on iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
- Executes all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Analyzes user stories for validity and feasibility
- Provides functional/system integration testing support.
- Performs Quality Assurance coding and design review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners and stakeholders.
- Plans work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
- Participates in the development of Build and Deployment guide and script.
- Mentor new developers and junior developers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Completes other project work or tasks as assigned.
- Acts as solution engineer responsible for the implementation of approved technologies that align with technical architecture, business plans and long term strategy.
- Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness; Provides input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Support multiple consumers by managing changes needed working closely with Dev Ops team on release/version management
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience. Generally 8+ years of professional experience.
- Requires thorough knowledge in the following areas; IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts, thorough knowledge and understanding of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs, and thorough knowledge of a business function (s), and IT industry business issues.
- Out of the box features for creating webpages, forms, workflows and more are a must.Developers need to be able to work with Business Connectivity Services, Master Pages, Apps, Page Layouts, User Store, Web Parts,Windows Workflow Foundation,SharePointRibbon, etc.
- SharePoint Object Model (OM)
- SharePoint Designer
- Visual Studio
- Candidates should have proven .NET/Java experience as well as a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming.
- Experience with SharePoint2007, 2010 and 2013 etc.
- Extensive experience in cloud applications especially content and collaboration services (e.g. AWS, Alfresco etc.).
- Strong knowledge of authentication mechanisms (SSO, SAML, OAuth), integration solutions, AWS services
- Experience with Support set up and support of Alfresco AMI and custom AMPs to AWS along with setting up sites, folders, content models, UI, security credentials etc.