Design, develop (code), test, and debug applications. Provide experienced Ready-to-Serve and development subject matter expertise. Maintain, enhance and provide solutions for software applications. Provide development leadership in a functional area, module, or project.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Works with stakeholders to perform application functionality gap analysis and feasibility studies.
- Leads development activities for a functional area, module, or project. Provides and documents technical design and specifications meeting business and functional requirements.
- Develops (code), implements and maintains tools/applications. Ensures applications and systems possess sufficient controls.
- Performs unit testing prior to moving code/configuration to the QA process. Evaluates and researches upgrades, patches and new functionality. Researches defects and solve for root cause in applications.
- Assists in the development and definition of test plans and scripts for performance, regression and user acceptance test plans; support QA activities as required.
- Builds and maintains templates, rules, style sheets, workflows, data extractions and imports, interfaces, and object models.
- Analyzes applications for compliance with security protocols.
- Trains team members on areas of expertise. Participate in and lead peer reviews.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience in various SDLC lifecycle phases including requirements build, deployment, testing and support
- Implemented conversions, integration & other programmatic solutions
- Strong Programming acumen, with focus on Oracle supported languages
- Working knowledge of web service development and architecture (SOAP/REST)
- Oracle EBS Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of Oracle EBS development experience
- At least 7 years of overall technical developer experience
- Experience extending/Enhancing the EBS features
- Experience integrating the EBS product with other systems
- Working knowledge of Oracle Procurement, Order Management, and Inventory module data structures and API’s
- EBS Experience includes:
- PL/SQL Development in EBS Application stack – SQL Developer
- Oracle Forms Developer
- Oracle Workflow Builder Experience
- Oracle BI Publisher
- Prefer knowledge of Oracle Integration platforms – Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle SOA Suite.