Opportunity at a Glance
As the Senior Drupal Developer, you are responsible for working Drupal 8 projects through the entire life cycle. You serve as the technical lead, and are directly involved in the design, development, unit testing, performance tuning and implementation of best practices of multiple Drupal sites. Additionally, you document and support the sites and extensions throughout the production life cycle. In this role, you work with project teams in an Agile environment, as well as on self-directed activities. Your responsibilities require independent analysis, excellent communication, and advanced problem-solving abilities.
- Effectively and consistently build and support Adtalem's enterprise multi-site environment.
- Provide full lifecycle technical leadership on medium to large scale complex projects.
- Build UI with responsive capabilities.
- Complete website and CMS development using PHP/MySQL/Drupal.
- Oversee Drupal configuration management/sync.
- Advise and influence internal clients towards innovative/integrated solutions.
- Integrate modules after completing regression testing for incompatibilities and dependencies on other modules already in use.
- Identify RCA, provide bug fix and support troubleshooting issues and production support as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience in application development.
- Acquia Drupal 8 Developer Certification (Developer, Front End Specialist, Back End Specialist) desired; Drupal 8 Grand Master Certification Preferred
- API Integration experience with Salesforce, Mulesoft, payment gateways, tax solutions preferred.
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban), Standard SDLC, CMMI compliant projects Previous consulting/contracting experience.
- Experience upgrading and migrating legacy web applications.
- Ability to collaborate effectively, identify potential solutions and effectively communicate benefits.
- Possess a strong understanding of business processes, project management and planning, and time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams, peers and clients.
- Self-motivated to contribute in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of performance.
- Ability to evaluate and build solutions based on maintenance status, community usage, security issues, and the availability of documentation.
- Availability to provide “on call” support, as required.