We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best.
Senior Driveline Systems Engineer
- Has responsibility for elements of the product system from concept design through full manufacturing launch in accordance with PE-PDP and program launch gate deliverables as defined by engineering systems manager.
- Works with cross-functional and cross-region resources in the execution of development of new products based on requirements and supports the integration of those new products into the organization's portfolio of products.
- Continually identify and capitalize on efficiencies throughout the design process across multiple areas of engineering.
- Utilize cost engineering to fully understand cost implications of part design and overall pricing to deliver product systems within agreed costed bill of materials (BOM).
- Will assist the engineering leader of the product launch team (PLT), working with component engineering and services to release designs on time.
- Supports peer reviews and monthly engineering project status reviews throughout process, with focus on design standards and project expectations.
- Supports creation of engineering project plans, negotiated with internal subsystems (component design and engineering service functions), to meet customer/program milestones and deliverables.
- Actively share learning and contribute to continuous improvement initiative.
- Performs simple CAE tasks that include 1D system model analyses, spread sheet calculations
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering and at least 5 years of product development and program launch experience.
- 2 - 3 years driveline or transmission experience
- Experience managing a full cycle product launch from concept to start of production within engineering product development processes.
- Exposure and hands-on CAE experience.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.